BlueCat and Cisco deliver a new level of context and actionable data which security teams can use to rapidly identify and mitigate threats.
How it works: BlueCat uses lightweight, client-facing DNS service points to collect granular information about devices and user activity right at the “first hop” in any network query. BlueCat sends the source IP and additional client-level data to Cisco Umbrella so you can identify and mitigate threats quickly. BlueCat also applies security policies to internal, “east-west” queries. These policies can be informed by the context of external “north-south” policies shared by Cisco Umbrella back to BlueCat.
- Find threats faster through rapid correlation of external threat data with source IP
- Visibility and control over internal, “east-west” queries (around 60% of network traffic)
- Cast a wider security net with enhanced threat intelligence
- Reduce network costs and optimize SD-WAN performance by eliminating data center backhauls
- Improve customer experience with fast, easy deployment – no matter what DDI solution is in place
Achieve automation efficiencies with BlueCat and Cisco ACI™
Cisco® Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI™), the industry’s leading software-defined networking solution, integrates with BlueCat’s enterprise-grade DNS automation platform so network managers get a centralized point of view that reduces the burden of managing complex DDI environments. Through this integration you can also share and synchronize subnets, IP addresses, and additional network information within the ACI fabric.
- Enhance visibility by viewing DDI assets directly in Cisco ACI
- Reduce manual data entry by synchronizing IP data automatically
- Speed up troubleshooting by assessing your entire DDI infrastructure in a single view