Today’s IT enterprise must deliver highly complex functionality and security where users, devices, and data operate – at the network edge. Doing this requires a fully integrated network infrastructure powered by automation – one which operates seamlessly across environments.
As the core infrastructure behind all network communications, DDI systems are a critical component of the high performance systems that end users demand. They also provide a strong foundation for network security via the connections and usage patterns flowing through your systems every day.
Through its partnership with Cisco, BlueCat brings a depth of visibility and control that many network and security teams never thought possible. By fully integrating DDI into the network and security management systems that you use every day, BlueCat is helping deliver the agile networks that your users need.
Identify and mitigate threats
BlueCat and Cisco deliver a new level of context and actionable data that security teams can use to rapidly identify and mitigate threats.
How it works
BlueCat uses lightweight, client-facing DNS service points to collect granular information about devices and user activity right at the first hop in any network query. BlueCat sends the source IP and additional client-level data to Cisco Umbrella so you can identify and mitigate threats quickly. BlueCat also applies security policies to internal, east-west queries. These policies can be informed by the context of external north-south policies shared by Cisco Umbrella back to BlueCat.
- Find threats faster through rapid correlation of external threat data with source IP
- Visibility and control over internal, east-west queries (around 60% of network traffic)
- Cast a wider security net with enhanced threat intelligence
- Reduce network costs and optimize SD-WAN performance by eliminating data center backhauls
- Improve customer experience with fast, easy deployment – no matter what DDI solution is in place
Cisco DNA Center
Simplify network management
Cisco DNA Center delivers the elegant, intent-based networking solution that IT managers need to simplify their operations.
How it works
Integration with BlueCat’s core DDI platform brings that vision of intent-based networking down to the infrastructure level. By leveraging a single source of truth for DDI data and BlueCat’s automation-friendly architecture, network managers can bring a new level of efficiency to their day-to-day operations.
- Reduce manual errors and downtime through automated validation of IP addresses
- Manage networks efficiently with automated allocation and management of IP addresses
- Reduce network complexity by managing the entire IP address workflow through a single platform
Gain automation efficiencies
Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI), the industry’s leading software-defined networking solution, integrates with BlueCat’s enterprise-grade DNS automation platform so network managers get a centralized point of view that reduces the burden of managing complex DDI environments. Through this integration you can also share and synchronize subnets, IP addresses, and additional network information within the ACI fabric.
- Enhance visibility by viewing DDI assets directly in Cisco ACI
- Reduce manual data entry by synchronizing IP data automatically
- Speed up troubleshooting by assessing your entire DDI infrastructure in a single view