Last updated on June 16, 2022.
What is it?
BlueCat Global Server Selector provides easy configuration and updates DNS to directs users to the nearest available server without the need for complex GSLB solutions. It configures DNS to:
- Automatically update DNS responses based on server availability.
- Direct endpoints to the best application servers for their location.
- Give different DNS responses to clients behind Network Address Translation (NAT).
- Integrate with existing application monitoring tools using our API-first approach or use BlueCat’s built in heath check server.
To provide highly available access to distributed applications and services, network teams need a simple and centralized way to configure contextualized DNS responses. Without an integrated solution, IT teams face disparate systems where automation, configuration, and troubleshooting is complex.
- Use Case 1: Different answers for different networks that eliminates the need for a third-party GSLB solution or duplicate data for a correct response.
- Use Case 2: Different answers based on the health of the application cluster, eliminating the need for custom integrations or third-party GSLB solutions.
Meet complex problems with simple solutions
Ensure highly available access for users
Configuration is built into the core of Adaptive DNS
Keep a pulse on server health with existing tools
Give different DNS responses to clients behind Network Address Translation (NAT).
Health Check Integration
Update DNS in real-time when a server is down using REST APIs or the built-in health check service.
Direct endpoints to the best application servers for their location based on server availability.