What is it?
BlueCat Global Server Selector provides a simple UI that directs users to the nearest available server without the need for complex GSLB solutions. It configures DNS to:
- Automatically update DNS responses based on server availability.
- Direct endpoints to the best application servers for their location.
- Give different DNS responses to clients behind Network Address Translation (NAT).
- Integrate with existing application monitoring tools using our API-first approach
To provide highly available access to distributed applications and services, network teams need a simple and centralized way to configure contextualized DNS responses. Without an integrated solution, IT teams face disparate systems where configuration and troubleshooting is complex.
- Use Case 1: Different answers for different networks that eliminates the need for a third-party GSLB solution or duplicate data for a correct response.
- Use Case 2: Different answers based on the health of the application cluster, eliminating the need for custom integrations or third-party GSLB solutions.
Meet complex problems with simple solutions
Ensure highly available access for users
Configuration is built into the core of Adaptive DNS
Keep a pulse on server health with existing tools
Give different DNS responses to clients behind Network Address Translation (NAT).
Health Check Integration
Update DNS in real-time when a server is down using REST APIs or the built-in health check service.
Direct endpoints to the best application servers for their location based on server availability.