BlueCat ranks amongst some of the Best Workplaces for Millennials in Canada 2018.
BlueCat is committed to fostering a work environment of growth and professional development of all its employees. We see a particular responsibility towards those who are just starting off on their careers creating a thriving workplace culture.
Here are some of the reasons why BlueCat is one of the best companies to work for as a millennial:
We’re here to help our employees reach their full potential at every step of the way.
- When you first begin at BlueCat, you are equipped with a mentor, a buddy, and a talented team. Bluecat surrounds you with motivated and like-minded employees that are here to guide you.
- Regular employee check-ins to help you achieve your personal and professional goals, in addition to discussing areas of improvement and reflecting upon current performance.
- Discuss the progress of your projects and possible opportunities to enhance and improve upon a desired skill. While working on innovative products and services here in the office.
Employee health and wellness is at the top of our priorities.
- Fresh fruits are delivered to our cafe every morning to ensure a healthy snack for our go-getters.
- Our office is conveniently located across the street of the York Mills GoodLife Fitness. A benefit to our employees who can take advantage of our corporate discount.
- BlueCat offers a company-subsidized lunch with a rotation of vendors to provide something new for our foodies.
- Monthly onsite massages are provided to our employees during the work day to relieve muscle tension and stress.
We’re not just a team, we’re family.
- Community outreach events are regularly organized by the People team to encourage collaboration.
Our charity committee “CareCats” provides an opportunity for our employees to join a number of events. Throughout the year they can help raise money in support of charitable groups. Our team was even featured on The Globe and Mail for the two-day cycling event- Ride to Conquer Cancer.
The culture and atmosphere at BlueCat can be described through our five core values: clarity, curiosity, collaboration, transparency and ownership. These values reflected in our community and everyday actions. They’re also reflected in the very design of our workspace, truly making it a great place to work!
With a style that can be described as contemporary-minimalist, the office has a view of the surrounding forest. There’s glass conference rooms and floor to ceiling glass that brings in an abundance of daylight. Brought in based on employees’ feedback Bluecat has sit-to-stand desks. It’s no surprise that Techvibes has dubbed our workspace as “Toronto’s Tranquil Treehouse”.
Not only is this a place where the outside meets the inside, but it’s a place of innovation, growth and excitement.
This recognition represents our people- all of whom have contributed so enthusiastically in maintaining our wonderful company culture.
Would you consider yourself would be a great fit? Discover why Bluecat is ranked one of the best workplaces for millennials for yourself!
Everything you need to know about shadow IT
When users implement their own solutions behind the IT team’s back, that’s shadow IT. Learn about the risks and how to manage and reduce it with BlueCat.
Five network pros’ manual error horror stories
Members of BlueCat’s Network VIP community detail the errors they committed, the resulting fallout, and what important lessons they learned.
10 best Ansible modules for infrastructure as code
10 (plus a bonus) Ansible automation modules that anyone—from a beginner to a power user—can leverage to transform their network infrastructure to code.
How an agency IT chief innovated amid bureaucracy
Government IT innovation isn’t easy, but Chad Sheridan did it at the USDA by removing silos, earning top-level buy-in, and moving to a product mindset.