What is it?
BlueCat’s Overlay for Microsoft gives DDI administrators visibility and control into Microsoft Active Directory by importing DNS records, updates, DHCP transactions, and network data into BlueCat’s DNS Integrity platform.
To migrate into a purpose-built enterprise DDI platform, network teams need visibility and control into multiple non-Microsoft and Microsoft DNS/DHCP systems. Without visibility into IP assignment across the enterprise, DNS silos emerge to create application downtime risks. That means hard subsystem dependencies on Microsoft services go unmanaged, increasing the risk of service disruption and making migration difficult.
Centralized Visibility & Control
Get a single source of truth to eliminate DNS silos
No Service Disruption
Continue to leverage MS DNS/DHCP for dependent environments as you migrate to BlueCat
Scalability & Performance
Unify tools, data, and teams
- DHCP Import – ingest networks, DHCP ranges, options, and IP information.
- DNS Import – ingest Zones, resource records, and server roles.
- API-first approach – easy-to-use RESTful API to fully automate configuration and continuous updates.
- Customizable – users can pick what visibility is needed from Microsoft Servers, DNS zones or DHCP networks.
- Write Changes – add or update DNS zones, reverse zones, and resource records for Windows DNS Servers.